Prashant Kakad, a graduate from UDCT Mumbai, got his masters from Cornell and then worked in the deep tech sector for a while before starting Bollywood Dreams Entertainment. Bollywood Dreams Entertainment has produced small & large scale events bringing artists all the way from India to Portland, Seattle & LA. Prashant is a TEDx speaker and his startup, Bollywood Dreams Entertainment has created dance classes & parties infused with festive elements of Indian culture.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What led Prashant to start Bollywood Dreams Entertainment
- How Prashant moved fields from deep tech sector to entertainment industry
- How Prashant learnt to be a DJ and what adaptation was necessary to start and survive
- The physical and technical challenges Prashant had to overcome to achieve success
- Why Prashant wants everyone to enjoy his music
- His marketing strategies and efforts to promote Jai Ho series – initial progress was from teaching dance classes
- What you need to know when entering a field with high competition out there
- How being a full time DJ has had a positive impact on Prashant’s life.
- Whats new and exciting in the life of an established DJ?
- Sources of revenue for anyone who wants to pursue the same path
Links to resources we discussed in the episode:
- Jai Ho Dance Series | Prashant Kakad
- Prashant’s TEDx Video on ‘Bollywood: the timing is Right’
- Application: iTunes
- Book Prashant recommends: Alchemist [Amazon] [Flipkart]
- Click here to find the next spot to party with Prashant DJ
Like this episode? Then please leave a review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I make sure to reach each and every review.
Has this episode been helpful for you in any way? Let us know what you liked and share it with your friends so that they can benefit too!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Click on the contact and drop Tushar a note
A huge thank-you to Prashant Kakad for joining me for this awesome episode. Until next time, Keep Rocking!