Shail graduated from IIT Kharagpur and then got his MBA from Kelley School of Business. He was the co-founder of the Pan-IIT alumni movement, which has grown into a huge phenomenon today. Shail has over 20 years of leadership experience in several fortune 500 high-tech firms such as Applied Materials, Lam Research and FMC Corp and also held senior management positions at University of California Berkeley and University of California San Diego. Most recently, Shail has been working on his book, which just got released. The book is titled Building Golden India, which draws on his immense experience and amazing feedback from revolutionaries around the world towards building, a golden India, just like the title of the book suggests.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What motivated Shail to write his book
- The sacrifices Shail had to make to realize his vision
- What is the best strategy to Build Golden India
- How the Indian Education crisis can be resolved
- What lessons can Indian educational system learn from leading world-class universities
- What is the engine that drives rapid growth of leading universities
- What does history tell about India’s performance in the situation of a crisis
- How you can tap this challenge and convert it into an opportunity
Links to resources we discussed in the episode:
Like this episode? Then please leave a review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I make sure to reach each and every review.
Have some feedback you’d like to share with Tushar? Click on the contact and drop a note
A huge thank-you to Shail for joining me for this Inspirational episode. Until next time, Keep Rocking!