While traveling in India, when you observe the stray dogs and cows, have you ever said this to yourself: “Wish I could rescue this animal from their misery”? Our guest today, Erika Abrams-Myers not only asked that question, but moved all the way from Seattle, USA to Rajasthan to set up a non-profit organization does exactly this. Animal Aid Unlimited has grown tremendously over the several years into this amazing, loving refuge for the homeless, street animals, treating about 150 animals everyday.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What made the founders move to India
- What did they do before starting Animal Aid Unlimited
- How their previous experience helped them establish Animal Aid Unlimited
- What might be a better place to raise kids: India or USA?
- How you can get funding for starting your NGO
- How to pitch for getting funding
- Where did Animal Aid Unlimited
- Behind the scenes with Animal Aid’s Marketing and YouTube videos
- What are the sources of revenue for Animal Aid
Links to relevant resources:
Starting a Podcast is not easy – we get it. At Podcast Karo, we squeeze out the secrets and behind-the-scenes on what it takes to make a successful podcast. Learn from the Pros and rock your podcast. Visit PodcastKaro.com to start and rock your Podcast!
Like this episode? Then please leave a review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I make sure to reach each and every review.
Have some feedback you’d like to share with Tushar? Click on the contact and drop a note
A huge thank-you to Erika Abram-Meyers for joining me for this amazing episode. Until next time, Keep Rocking!